Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

Eli is going to be the best missionary the world has ever known!!! I recently taught the gospel principals class a couple weeks ago and the lesson was on the holy ghost. i really wish i could remember things better i have been working on it but sometimes i just get so frusterated i have to go do the dishes or something the book of mormon battles that you gave me has all the b. of m. charictors in it and Elder payne and i play that we read the description and if we get it right on the first try we get the points so far i have not won a game but i am getting better and it has really made the scriptures come to life for me its amazing 
for Eli How the holy ghost changed my life. I remember i was just about your age playing with the tonka trucks in the sand box and with chloe and i was not having a good day i had a rough day at school and when i got home ivy and zak were fighting and being kindof rude to me so i went outside and was playing when a scripture came into my head that mom had read to me a few weeks before its ether chapter 12 verse 27 and that day was some big thing at school i cant remember what it was but it was improtant for school and i knew because i couldnot remember how to spell or i would get the numbers mixed up in math that i did not do good at all in fact i think i failed it and everyone made fun of me!  and when this scripture came into my mind i was over whelmed with the spirit i began to cry but not  sad tears they were happy tears and it felt like someone was hugging me and i felt totally at peace and happy and at that moment i knew that the gospel is true and i could never deny it i knew it was true because how others told me but i knew then that it is true. now im sorry that i am not the best example to you as an older brother but i am doing my best and noone understands you like your heavenly father does and i know that for a fact he loves you so very much and i promis that if you read and pray about the book of mormon every day even a verse i promis you will always have the spirit with you and any time you can pray i would always pray on the river when i was rowing threw a rapid or something it was great and i learned to talk with heavenly father and to hear him threw the spirit this las two weeks my companion has been sick so we have been stuck inside most of the time and i have learned to love the book of mormon and i have become a faster reader i have been reading 70 pages in just three hours its nuts i started a couple days ago and already im in mosiah and if you know me that is a very good read but i have become so close with the saviour jesus christ and also if i remember right 2 nephi chapter 29 talks about the holy ghost and also moroni chapter ten verse 5 and 6 they are amazing love ya my kid brother! love Elder Jed!

its so good to hear that everyone is doing so well i am so happy for everyone and all the work that has been going on the drought has been lifted off of the area of moab and the spirit is flowing forth yet again well i better email President Mehr i love you all and miss you so so much Love Elder Hazlett

No comments:

Post a Comment